Visit me @

http://cookingwithsj.com or http://facebook.com/cookingwithsj and explore more of my recipes!!! :)

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Beans Enchiladas

Lots of beans, corn, cheese... Yes, I'm talking about "Beans Enchiladas"! These super saucy enchiladas take total of 35-40 minutes, but when you take it out of oven and have a look, you will feel it worth every second of your work!!! 

I would have preferred cheesy enchiladas with heavily loaded with cheese only, but I convinced myself to say a big NO for 2 reasons:
- I love protein-packed bundles
- And major reason is.. it's not a waist-line friendly idea :P

And yes, I'm not a person to have too spicy food! So adjust 'hot' element according to your taste! :)


Makes: 6

INGREDIENTS:

6 Corn Tortillas 
2 cups Mixed Beans
1 Chopped Onion
1 Garlic Clove (minced)
1/4 cup Boiled Corn
1/4 cup Chopped Capsicum
1/2 cup Yogurt
1 cup Shredded Cheese
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
2 tsp Olive Oil

METHOD:

- Heat olive oil in a pan and add chopped onions and capsicum with minced garlic. Saute it for a min. 
- Add mixed beans, corn, salt, chilly powder into it and mix well. Don't mash them completely. 
- Cook it for 3-4 mins on medium-high flame. 
- Turn off the heat and add yogurt in it. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Grease a baking tray with few drops of olive oil or butter.
- Take corn tortilla on a flat surface, put this beans stuffing in horizontally line and roll it as shown in image.
- Arrange it in baking tray and follow the same process for rest of all corn tortillas.
- Pour enchilada sauce all over it and cover it with shredded cheese nicely.
- Put this baking tray in preheated oven for 15-20 mins on 200 degrees. 
- Smell of melted cheese and enchilada sauce will make you have it hot!!!


SJ's NOTE:

- For mixed beans, I used a combo of chickpeas, adzuki, pinto and kidney beans. You can pick your favorite beans and use them. 
- Generally mild cheddar is used for this dish, but I preferred a combo of parmesan, mozarella and cheddar!
- Warm corn tortillas on flat-pan or microwave as instructed, before using them.

Some dishes are great if made intentionally for the leftovers, as I found my enchiladas were better on the next day ;)

Linking this recipe to Healthy Me, Healthy Us Event hosted by Sizzling Taste-buds. Also, sending the recipe to Favorite Recipes # 13 - One Pot Meal happening at My Cooking Journey and Zesty South Indian Kitchen:




1 comment:

  1. My family's all time favorite and love your enchilada sauce! Thanks for linking it to my event :)

    ReplyDelete

Like & Share