Posting on behalf of a non-blogger to link up with my ongoing event 'Sweet Celebration' :)
PARTICIPANT NAME: Roshny Daniel
RECIPE NAME: Carrot Fruits 'n' Nuts Cake
1. cup* All purpose flour
1 cup Whole wheat flour (atta)
2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp Vanilla essence
2 tsp ground spice(cinnamon,clove,nutmeg,cardamom)
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 cups grated carrots
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts(cashew nut,almonds)
1 cup dried fruits
* 1 cup=16 Tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 C . Lightly grease and flour a cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients flours, salt, spices and Baking powder.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together eggs and sugar till fluffy .
- Add in vanilla essence and mix .
- Next add in oil .
- Slowly add dry ingredients and blend together well with out lumps.
- Add carrots, fruits and nuts.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 35-45 minutes. Check after the first 35 minutes, to see if a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. If not, continue to cook, checking every 5 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven when done and cool.
Linking this recipe to Shruti’s ‘Sweet Celebration’ Event :)