Posting on behalf of a non-blogger to link up with my ongoing event 'Bachelor Cooking' :)
Participant Name: Megha Sharma
Recipe Name: Healthy Bean Salad
Bean Salad is good recipe for breakfast and for snack also. This salad is rich in Fiber minerals . less calories and fat. time for cooking is less than 30 mins.
1/2 cup White Chickpeas
1/2 Cup Red Kidney Beans
1/2 Cup Black Eyed Beans
1/4 Cup Onion (chopped)
1/4 Cup Tomato (Chopped)
2-3 Tbs Cilantro
2 Green Chilies (Chopped)
Black Olives (optional)
Salt 1tbs (as per taste)
Red Chilli powder 1 tsp (as per taste)
Black Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice 2 tbs
Steps to follow:
1. wash and soak White Chickpeas,red kidney beans. black eyed beans in hot water for 20 mins*
2. pressure cook all of them for 4-5 whistles. Some times it took more time depends on the type .
3. After all the pressure released open the cooker and take out all the beans
4. Let them cool for 5-10 mins
5. Now mix onion . tomato and mix them
6. Now add all the dry Ingredients and mix them
7. Add olives, jalapeno and cilantro
8. Add lemon juice
9. Give a final mix
Healthy yummy recipe for b'fast or snack ready in less than 30 mins.
* One can use canned beans also. In this case start from no. 5 to make the recipe you can add red green and yellow bell pepper also more taste and crunchy flavor. This recipe is good source of Vitamin and mineral less in calories and high in Fiber.
Linking this entry to Shruti's Bachelor Cooking Event :)