This dish is parboiled and then baked/pan-roasted in oil with traditional indian spices.
This dry and crispy "Aloo Gobhi" can be paired with lemon rice or soft bhakhri! All-time favorite, very delicious, healthy and hearty meal...
1 big potato (dice-cut)
1/2 cauliflower (medium-sized)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp kasoori methi
1/4 tsp kitchen king masala (optional)
1 tbsp cooking oil
Salt per taste
- Take out cauliflower florets and wash them properly.
- Parboil diced potato and cauliflower florets together in water with a pinch of salt & turmeric powder (5-6 mins in microwave).Drain water out of it and take it in a bowl.
- Take all spices in a big bowl and add oil into it.
- Mix well and add parboiled cauliflower and potato bites in it.
- Cover each piece with a marinade and let it rest for around half hour.
- Take a baking tray and line it with a baking paper.
- Spread the mixture on tray evenly and bake them in pre-heated oven on 160 for around 15-20 mins.