I love visiting Nathdwara (one of the most religious places in India), obviously 'coz I've blind belief in Shrinathji :) A completely religious place is a hub for hot, lip-smacking vegetarian food too!!! You'll doubt my reason for loving this place, if you read the next para... :P
I always make a plan to get some quick bite as soon as I reach there early morning. I start my morning with an awesome 'Minty Tea', followed by 'Aloo-Pauwa'! Later evening, mixed smell of Panipuri, Pav-Bhaji, Tawa-Pulao n much more starts waving in surroundings. At the end, I take my Shikanji n d day ends for me!! But in between all these, my hungry tummy always stays curious to grab the bowls of yummyyyy chats! Most of all, I love 'Kand Chat' i.e. purple yam one!!! And here I've a quick recipe of the same...
12-15 Purple Yam Cubes
1/8 tsp Black Salt
1/8 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Oil, to deep-fry
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash purple yam cubes with fresh water, drain and pat dry them with kitchen towel. (Thaw if frozen)
- Heat oil in a deep-pan and carefully slide 5-6 cubes at time.
- Deep-fry them till golden brown in color with crispy skin outside.
- Take them out on absorbent paper for a while to drain excess oil.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle black salt, red chilly powder and pour lemon juice.
- Toss it well and serve!!! :)
- It can be baked (rather than deep-frying) for a healthier version.
- Serve it with toothpicks inserted into each piece! :)
Linking this dish to Indian Delights - Monsoon Temptations: