What's something that you can make quickly when not getting any idea what to cook??!!! I always keep a can or two of various beans available in my kitchen... Reasons: First, I'm a protein-lover! Second, it's so easy to make on lazy evenings ;)
Amazing aroma of onion-garlic gravy warms up the whole kitchen on chilly winter nights! I must say, it's a quick, healthy and very much economical dish to try!
1 can Mixed Beans
1/2 cup Chopped Onions
3/4 cup Crushed Tomatoes (or Tomato Puree)
1 tsp Chopped Garlic
1/2 tsp Chopped Green Chillies
2-3 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Kashmiri Chilly Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Canola Oil
- Drain excess water from a can of mixed beans.
- Heat canola oil in a deep-pan and add chopped onions, garlic and green chillies into it. Saute for a min.
- Once onions are translucent, add crushed tomatoes along with mixed beans.
- Add salt and turmeric powder, mix everything well and cook it covered for around 2-3 mins.
- Mix the other spices and lemon juice into it. Cook for one more min.
- Serve hot with Turmeric Rice.
- If not using canned beans, you can soak your favorite beans (all together) overnight in plenty of water. Drain and rinse with fresh water in morning and they are ready to be used!
- Adjust salt according to the taste, as canned beans already have a certain amount of salt in it.