Visit me @

http://cookingwithsj.com or http://facebook.com/cookingwithsj and explore more of my recipes!!! :)

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Chocolate Biscotti

Who doesn't love chocolates? I wanted to open my pack of cocoa powder for making something, but at first, I thought of using it in mocha only ;) Planned to bake chocolate cake several times, but didn't do that as well... Meanwhile, I came across a page where I read a monthly challenge posted for home bakers!!!

Immediately sent a request to join 'Baking Partners' group... And I received a confirmation email too within 24 hours by Swathi :) I would like to thank her for including me in this challenge...


Now being a part of this group, I was supposed to bake any/all of the given International goodies! I planned to make 2 of them but somehow couldn't manage the other one :(

Here is a recipe of eggless 'Italian Chocolate Biscotti' that I tried for the 1st time in my home-bakery!!!


Makes: 7-8 (1 log)

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup All-purpose Flour (Maida)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup Oil
A pinch of Salt
Water, as required

STEPS TO FOLLOW:

- Sieve maida, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder in a big bowl.
- Add rest of all ingredients in it and mix well.
- Knead a soft dough by adding water gradually into it. 
- Prepare a log out of it and arrange it on a lined baking tray.
- Bake it in pre-heated oven on 180° for around 20 mins. Then after, transfer it to a cooling rack and let it cool down to room temp.
- Cut the log into slices of your preferred thickness. 
- Bake them again in pre-heated oven for 10 more mins.
- Serve with a cuppa tea or coffee!!! 

SJ's NOTE:

- Once it's cooled down to room temp, can be kept in air-tight container for a week long.
- Add a fistful of almonds (or your choice of nuts) to add more crunchiness n flavors!


11 comments:

  1. Looks Delicious shruti, You nailed it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks perfect!I am sure they are delicious too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious biscottis, made it perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  4. so crunchy luking biscotis..
    http://www.mahaslovelyhome.com/2013/08/papaya-honey-smoothiepapaya-dates.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look perfect dear... would love to grab a couple of those with coffee for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks perfect, never say no to biscotti.

    ReplyDelete

Like & Share