I got a colorful pack of fresh veggies at farmer's market n wanted to use it the same day itself. My hubby wanted to make something out of it by himself, but that's weekend!!! He got a little lazy in evening n I sneaked it from his hand...
Previously when I posted crispy pancakes using rice vermicelli, Archana suggested me to serve it with asian-style soupy veggies! I don't much like my veggie cubes in a soupy way, so prepared the same thing but in a dry form :) Thoroughly enjoyed a dish with my Mi-Goreng noodles...
250 gm Mixed Veggies (cut into cubes)
2 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
2 tsp Soy Sauce
2 tsp Red Chilly Sauce
1 tsp White Vinegar
2 tsp Corn Starch
1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
A pinch of MSG (Aji no moto)
1/4 tsp Chinese 5-spice
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Cook (parboil) all the veggies in boiling water for around 7-8 mins. Or take them in a bowl, add a tbsp of oil and 1/4 tsp of salt and oven-roast them for 15 mins. (I preferred oven-roasting)
- Make a slurry of corn starch mixing it with 2 tbsp of water.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add ginger-garlic paste into it. Saute for a while.
- Add your veggies into it along with soy sauce, vinegar, red chilly sauce and spices!
- Toss it on high heat from the beginning and add cornstarch slurry into it.
- Make sure veggies are well coated with a thick sauce. Cook it for 1-2 mins.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and serve hot!!!
- I had a medley of vegetables that included cabbage, zucchini, purple cabbage, carrot, mushroom, green beans, bell pepper (red n green), cauliflower and brocolli!!! Huh... That's too much I see :P
- Can be served with a plate of fried rice or Asian Noodles Pancakes :)
- You can make it soupy too by adding more water in cornstarch slurry...