'Happy Rakhi Day' to my lovely brothers for being there for me all the time!!! :) A beautiful day to cherish a beautiful relation of brother-sister... Ideally, I should post something sweet for the day, but all my brothers are pretty much fond of hot 'n' spicy food... And I considered choice of each one of them while drafting this one... Definitely, they are 'Kathiyawadi' (Saurastra, Gujarat) food-lovers :P
~A special dish from my native - SJ version though~
10 Baby Potatoes
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
1/2 cup Chopped Onion
1 tsp Chopped Green Chillies
1/2 cup Tomato Puree
1/2 cup Full Cream
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
Salt, to taste
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Boil the baby potatoes and peel them. Prick here and there... everywhere with fork :)
- Take them in a bowl and add all the dry spices.
- Add full cream too and toss it well. Cover with a cling wrap and keep in freeze for an hour.
- Heat oil in a vessel and add cumin seeds.
- Once it crackles, add chopped green chillies, onions and garlic into it. Saute it till onions are translucent.
- Add tomato puree and cook it for a min.
- Mix marinated baby potatoes into it and coat each potato nicely with a thick gravy.
- Cook it covered for 4-5 mins and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves!
- Serve hot with Phulka Roti :)
- Add more garlic for more flavors!!! :)