Giving you a choice of calling it "Bite-sized Spring Roll" or "Chinese Cigar"!!! No matter what you choose, it's as yummy as any other Indo-Chinese dish. It serves delightful option to serve on appetizer plate in form of veggie-packed bundles!!!
1/2 cup Plain flour (Maida)
1 tsp Oil
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup Shredded Cabbage
1/4 cup Grated Carrot
1/8 cup Finely chopped Capscium
2-3 tsp Finely chopped French Beans
1 tsp Soya Sauce
2 tsp Red chilly sauce
1/2 tsp Vinegar
A pinch of Aji no Moto (MSG)
1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
Salt, to taste
2 tsp Oil
Cornstarch Slurry: 1/2 tsp Cornstarch + 1 tsp Water
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl and knead a soft dough using lukewarm water. Once done, apply oil and knead it for a min again.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and add all veggies along with rest of the ingredients.
- Toss well for a few seconds and turn off the heat.
- Transfer it to another bowl and cool it down to room temperature.
- Divide the dough in 10-12 small balls. Take one of them, roll out to make puri-size.
- Put a spoonful of stuffing mixture on it and fold 2 sides vertically.
- Now roll it from top to bottom tightly. Apply cornflour slurry on the edge to seal the side.
- While preparing these rolls, heat oil in deep-frying pan. Once all the rolls are done, slide 3-4 each time carefully in pan and deep fry it to golden brown and crunchy crust.
- Serve hot with Garlic-Tomato Sauce!!! :)
- Ready-to-use spring roll wrappers can be used instead.
- I mostly avoid using Aji no moto, but it is a must ingredient for any Chinese delicacy.