Cookies - Crackers - Biscuits!!! Who doesn't like them? Specially kids are very much fond of it... Savory biscuits, lightly salted and seasoned with roasted cumin seeds is an all-time favorite snack for everyone :)
Making of "Jeera Biscuits" took me to a nostalgia trip! As a kid, I loved cookies (I'm still loving it though)... Getting cookies/crackers from a local bakery, arranging a dozen of them on a big plate, topping them in many different ways and serving a plate with cuppa tea was something I always loved to do.
But that time, I didn't know how easy it is to make at home! Get your dough ready in total of 20 mins and plus baking time... And you'll get your cookie-jar filled with these buttery jeera biscuits :)
1 cup Self-Raising Flour
1 tbsp Chopped Butter (Cut into small pieces)
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Seeds
Salt, to taste
1/4 cup Lukewarm water
- Mix self raising flour, salt and cumin seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped butter (No melted butter) and mix all together to make crumbles in flour.
- Knead a medium-soft (paratha like) dough using lukewarm water.
- Cover it with a wrap or lid and keep it aside for 15 mins.
- Divide the mixture in 5 big balls and roll out each of them keeping 4-5 mm thick.
- Use your favorite cookie-cutter and cut them nicely.
- Place a parchment paper on baking tray and arrange all the cookies onto it.
- Bake them in pre-heated oven on 180 degrees for around 20 mins.
- Take them out and place them on cooling rack. Store it in an air-tight container.
- Self Raising Flour: 1 cup Plain Flour + 1½ tsp Baking Powder + A pinch of Baking Soda
- Best to serve for tea-time munching.