"Pickled Carrots" reminds me of my days when I was very choosy about vegetables (Although I've improved a lot, I still need to work on it). Whenever my mum planned to cook any veggies that I didn't like, she used to make this quick-to-serve pickle for me! And I always enjoyed it with a rice bowl :)
If there is nothing to have it as a side in your main meal, make this tangy and spicy pickle!
3 Medium-sized Carrots
2 tbsp Methi Masala (One that is used for pickles
2 tsp Cooking Oil
2 tsp Lemon Juice
Salt, to taste
- Wash the carrots with fresh water and peel them.
- Cut them in your desired shape. (I cut them in vertical strips - medium thick, as my mum used to do)
- Heat oil in a pan and add carrots. Cook it for around a minute to make them tender.
- Add salt, methi masala and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and add lemon juice.
- Toss it to mix everything well and serve! :)
- Kasoori methi can be added as well.
- Adjust methi masala according to your taste. I can't eat too much spice, so I kept it to 2 tbsp only.
- Best to serve with breakfast parathas! :)