Here is a recipe of 'Lentils n Caramelized Onions Pilaf' :P
Makes: 2 servings
1 cup Basmati Rice
1 Brown Onion
1 cup Brown Lentils (Canned / Cooked)
1 tbsp Olive Oil + 2 tsp extra
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Crushed Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
2 tsp Lemon Juice
Salt, to taste
- Wash basmati rice and cook it in boiling water (salt added) till its 90% done.
- Drain excess water and rinse with fresh water.
- Caramelize Onions in a sauce pan and keep it aside.
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan and add brown lentils (I used canned one). Saute it for a minute.
- Add rice along with all the spices into it. Mix well and cook it for 2-3 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and mix half of the caramelized onions in pan.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl, sprinkle remaining caramelized onions on top.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the bowl and serve hot with yogurt dip! :)
Sending this recipe to Healthy Me, Healthy Us Event hosted by Sizzling Taste-buds, Riappyayan as well as linking to CookCookandCook and Thoushaltcook :