It happens many a times when you don't get any idea of using left-over food in your kitchen!!! I hate when I have to eat the same on the next day... But this is an exception :)
Mum used to make these muthiya for me as a part of my tiffin-box n I was getting max 1-2 out of them! After a long time, I wanted to make these munchies... so intentionally I cooked more khichdi (so that I don't call it left-over) :P
Muththi = Fist & Muthiya = Dumplings shaped using your fist!!! So, here you go with the recipe of crispy dumplings...
1 cup Left-over Khichdi
1/2 cup Coarse Wheat Flour
1/4 cup Semolina
1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Amchur powder
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Take all the ingredients in a big bowl and knead it like a medium-hard dough.
- Divide the mixture into 10-12 lemon-sized balls.
- Give it a round or flatten shape (press it using your fist).
- Heat oil in deep pan. Slide 3-4 pieces at time carefully and deep fry them till golden brown.
- Serve hot with a cuppa tea :)
- Serves good as a evening snack.
- Goes well with coriander chutney.
Click here to get the recipe for RAJWADI KHICHDI...