I always included mushrooms in rice variety or breakfast dish, but never tried my hands on any gravy using it! Even I wasn't sure if this will work... But to my surprise, this worked great!!! I actually loved this dish much more than a popular sibling of it - 'Kadai Paneer'.
I specially thank my mum for gifting me a beautiful set of "Serving Kadais", which I always loved to see in restaurants :) Now my instant restaurant too owns the same... Yeyyyy!!!
12-15 Button Mushrooms
1/2 cup Chopped Onions
1/2 cup Diced Onions
1/4 cup Diced Tomatoes
1/4 cup Diced Capsicum
2 tbsp Tomato Puree
2 tsp Tomato Ketchup
2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
2 tsp Butter
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Tandoori Masala
1/4 tsp Red chilly powder
1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
Salt, to taste
- Wash and trim button mushrooms. Cut them into half pieces each.
- Heat oil + butter in a deep pan and add cumin seeds. Once it crackles, add chopped onion with ginger-garlic paste and cook it for 2 mins.
- Mix diced capsicum, onions and saute it. Don't overcook it, as they need to remain crunchy.
- Add mushrooms and toss it well. Cook it for one more minute and add tomato puree, tomato ketchup and all the spices into it.
- Mix everything well and cook it for 2-3 mins.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Butter Roti :)
- Similar to this, if you use Paneer instead of "Mushrooms", it will be "Kadai Paneer"!!! :)