Why to buy ready-to-use tortillas when it's quite easy n quick to make at home? Turn your routine meal into something special with these wraps or transform your tiffin into a treasure box! :)
2 cups wheat flour (plain flour or combination of both is always an option)
1 tsp salt
4 tsp cooking oil
1/2 cup water
2 tsp baking powder
- Mix wheat flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add 3 tsp of cooking oil into it and mix well to make crumbles.
- Add your flavor in it and mix well.
- Knead a soft dough using lukewarm water.
- Divide the dough in 4 balls and roll them out in thin chapati.
- Cook them on flat tawa for a min or two on both the sides.
- Cover all tortillas with a damp kitchen towel to keep them soft.
- Use these wheat-based tortillas to make varities of wraps!
You can make tortillas with your magical flavor! Few of my choice...
1. Garlic and Herb - Crush garlic cloves and any herbs of your choice with few drops of olive oil.
2. Cinnamon n Sugar - Mix of cinnamon powder (a pinch) and caster sugar.
3. Spinach - Fresh/frozen spinach puree
4. Lemon n Black pepper - Mix black pepper powder in lemon juice.
5. Tomato and Basil - Blend tomato and basil in mixture using water.