A simple and homely casserole without a long list of ingredients!!! Any vegetables of your choice, ready made / home-made sauce and that's all... Good food is never that complicated to make :)
2 medium-sized potatoes
10-12 thin slices of eggplant
1 small carrot
1/4 cup green peas
1/4 cup capsicum (chopped)
1/2 cup cheese (I used mix of parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar)
1 cup chopped tomato
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
Salt to taste
2 tsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add onion, garlic. Saute it for a while and add chopped tomato.
- Add rest of all ingredients and cook it for around 5 mins to make a sauce consistency.
- Transfer the sauce to another bowl and keep aside.
- Thinly slice potatoes and carrot. Parboil both of them with salted water for 3-4 mins. Drain it and transfer to a bowl.
- Grease a baking bowl with few drops of olive oil and arrange potato slices at bottom.
- Pour some sauce over it and likewise arrange a layer of eggplant and carrot slices.
- Sprinkle green peas and chopped capsicum at every layer with a pinch of salt.
- Pour remaining sauce over the last veggie layer and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake it in preheated oven on 200° for around 40-45 mins.
- Serve hot... :)
- Best to serve with butter-herb rice.
- Keep eggplant slices in a salted water all the time before use, to avoid them turning black.