1 cup Mung Daal with skin (Green)
1/4 cup Urad Daal
1/2 cup Yogurt
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1/2 tsp Fruit Salt (Eno)
Salt, to taste
3 tsp Cooking oil
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1/4 tsp Sesame seeds
2-3 tsp Chopped coriander
- Soak mung daal and urad dal in water for around 1-2 hours.
- Drain water and then grind it to make a batter by adding water gradually as required.
- Transfer it to a big bowl and add yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies into it.
- Mix well and make a smooth batter.
- Add fruit salt into it and whisk it for a while, which will help making a batter fluffy.
- Grease a steamer plate or big thaali with 2-3 drops of oil.
- Pour this mixture in it and spread it evenly.
- Steam it* for around 20-25 mins on medium-high flame.
- Then, let the plate rest for 10 mins and cut into a diamond shape.
- Heat oil in tadka-pan and add mustar, cumin seeds. When it stops crackling, add sesame seeds and immediately pour this mixture on dhokla pieces.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve it anytime :)
* Usually, a steamer is used for this dish! But alternatively, boil 4-5 cups of water in a big broad-pan. Keep something flat as a base to support and arrange a thaali (with dhokla batter) on it!
- This dhokla tastes yummy with a pinch of 'pickle masala' mixed in oil!!! :)