Visit me @
Friday, May 3, 2013
1 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup semolina
1/4 tsp ajwain
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/8 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp red chilly powder
A pinch of hing
Salt to taste
2 tbsp ghee
Oil to fry
- Combine initial 8 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add ghee to the mixture and mix to form crumbles.
- Knead a soft dough using lukewarm water and keep it aside for 10-15 mins.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan on medium flame.
- Roll a big roti (medium-thick) and cut into strips or diamond shape.
- Deep fry them until golden brown color on both the sides.
- Drain excess oil by putting them on kitchen tissues and cool down to room temp.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Maida or a combination of maida & wheat flour can be used for dough.
- To make this crunchy snack more flavors, you can add kasoori methi as well.
- For quite a new version, Indian spices can be replaced by dried oregano & chilly flakes.