Visit me @

http://cookingwithsj.com or http://facebook.com/cookingwithsj and explore more of my recipes!!! :)

Friday, May 17, 2013

Tandoori Marinade

Before you read the recipe given below, let me explain a fine line between "Marinade" and "BBQ Sauce"!!! 

- Marinade is a strong-flavored liquid with thick consistency that is used to soak veggies for few hours before you plan to grill them. It helps veggies to absorb all the flavors before cooking! 

- A condiment, BBQ sauce should be applied at the finish line (when it's almost done) of the cooking or after serving on plate. As there are high chances of BBQ sauce getting burnt while grilling due to tomato/garlic. 

I usually don't prefer to use BBQ Sauce as when I use it, I always find my kebabs lacking in flavors inside :) I prefer marination process before grilling, it's a little time-consuming though... 

Here it goes...


INGREDIENTS:

1 cup Thick yogurt
1 tsp Besan
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1/4 tsp Mint Powder
Salt, to taste
1 tsp Oil

METHOD:

- Take all the ingredients well in a bowl and mix well to make a thick slurry.

SJ's NOTE:

- It's necessary to coat your veggies/paneer (or anything else) well with this marinade and cover the bowl with lid or plastic wrap.
- Keep it in freeze for minimum 2-3 hours for the best results.

KEY TO USE:

- Paneer Tikka
- Chatpata Chat Platter
- Tandoori Kebab
- Grilled Mushrooms

and my list goes on!!! Keep Grilling.... :)


1 comment:

  1. HOW AND f rom where do you get smoke chilli powder? do i just burn a few red chillies o a tawa or is the oven better?

    ReplyDelete

Like & Share