Not liking Beetroot??!!! No worries... I've got a great option for you to include this powerful antioxidant in your food. I had a can of beetroot sitting idle in my freeze for a few days, so thought to try making something pinky in my kitchen... Yet, my intention was to keep the taste of beetroot over-powering in anything I make.
You might make faces if you're not a beetroot-fan, I'm sure... but believe me, pink beetroot stains on apron are worth-to-have if you're trying this yummy 'n' healthy appetizer!!! :)
1 Beetroot (medium)
2 Boiled Potatoes
1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
1 tsp Gram Flour (besan)
1 tsp Cashewnut powder
1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
Salt, to taste
Oil, to shallow-fry
- Peel the beetroot skin and parboil them for 3-4 mins. Drain water and roughly cut it into pieces.
- Grind them coarsely in a mixture jar (with no water) and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mash them well.
- Heat some oil in flat-pan and shallow fry tikkis till crispy outside.
- Serve hot paired up with yogurt dip!!!
- Cut into slices and parboil them for 2-3 mins. Sprinkle a little salt n pepper and enjoy as a salad!
- Try a "Beetroot Shorba" before meal... (Recipe will be posted soon)
- Roughly chop and grind along with carrots, add a pinch of chat masala and a glass of fresh juice is ready :)
- Add a little of beetroot paste in strained yogurt and dip is ready to be served with bread slices!
Sending it to Sowmya's Healthy Diet- Lunchbox and Priya's Versatile Recipes, Archana's Kitchen: