Breakfast? Tiffin-box?? Long-distance journey??? All problems... One solution!!!
Roll it with Chhunda... Have it with 'Chai ki Chuski'... Or grab one with 'Chilled Yogurt'.. It gives a quick bite at anytime with the feel of eating something substantial! To me, it reminds of all long train journeys... :)
"Masala Thepla", one of the very famous traditional Gujju food...
2 cups Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Ajwain
A pinch of Hing
1 tbsp Oil + For cooking
- Mix all the ingredients (optionally can pick one from variations) and knead a soft dough using water.
- Let it rest for 10-15 mins and divide the dough in 10 equal balls.
- Roll each of them medium-thick and 7-8" diameter in size.
- Place it on hot tava and cook it for around half min each side.
- Drizzle very little oil and roast to make golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve with a cuppa tea!!!
- Minced Garlic
- Grated Bottle Gourd
- Fresh / Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- Spinach Leaves
- Can be stored easily for 4-5 days!
- Use aluminium foil to store it in air-tight container to prevent them drying out.