Visit me @

http://cookingwithsj.com or http://facebook.com/cookingwithsj and explore more of my recipes!!! :)

Monday, May 20, 2013

Chilly Paneer

Just a few days back, I realized I make repeated recipes with Paneer, so thought to make something different for a change this time... Starter or a side-dish!!! And I came up with a very popular Indo-Chinese variety, "Chilly Paneer"... I love the taste of fresh paneer and hot chillies coated with thick and a little sticky gravy, but I have to have hot chilly sauce replaced by sweet chilly sauce. 

A quick cooking on high-flame makes you try it again n again... :)


Preparation Time: 10 mins 
Cooking Time: 4-5 mins
Makes: 2 servings

INGREDIENTS:

150 gm Paneer
1/2 Capsicum (medium)
1/2 Onion (medium)
2-3 Green chillies (cut into long strips)
1/2 cup Spring onion (greens)
1 tbsp Spring onion (whites)
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
2 tsp Soya sauce
1 tsp Red chilly sauce
2 tsp Cornflour + 1 tbsp Water
1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
1/4 tsp Chinese 5-spice (optional)
2 tsp Oil
Salt, to taste

METHOD:

- Cut the paneer, onion, capsicum into cubes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add ginger-garlic paste. Saute it for a while.
- Add Spring onion whites (chopped) along with green chillies, capsicum and onion cubes into it and mix well. Cook it for around a min or two, but make sure it remains crunchy.
- Add paneer cubes as well as all the condiments and spices.
- Make a slurry of cornflour and water in a separate bowl and add it into pan.
- Mix everything well, add salt only if required!
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle spring onion greens over it. Mix well.
- Transfer it to some bowl and it's ready to eat :)


SJ's NOTE:

- As I said previously, I avoid using Aji-no-moto in any of the chinese dishes. You can use a pinch of it to enhance the flavors.
- Soya sauce itself is salty, so be careful when you are adding salt into it.
- I prefer sweet chilly sauce over the hot version of it, just 'coz I can't have much of spices in food!

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Like & Share