I have taken mung beans here, which is the quickest one possible :)
1 cup mung beans
3 cups hot water
- Soak mung beans of your choice in hot water for 5-6 hours
- Drain all water out of it and transfer it to a big bowl.
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep it in warm place for 24 hours.
- Sprinkle some water on a damp cloth when it dries out.
- Major keys to use "Mung Sprouts" are:
- Make kebabs / tikkis
- Add in different chinese varieties i.e. hakka noodles, fried rice etc.
- Toss as a salad with dressing made of lemon juice, salt and pepper!
- Cook as a side-dish with very little of spices...